Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Science



I am substitute teaching at my children's Classical and Christian school this week. I was asked to teach 8th grade science using the Apologia science book. I was familiar with Apologia but never used the curriculum while homeschooling my children. I am really enjoying this book. The author, Dr. Jay L. Wile, 'talks' to the students. It is written in a very conversational way and very friendly. You feel like you are talking to a (smart) friend and learning at the same time. I was given my assignment on Saturday night so I feel like I am cramming, but I am really enjoying myself and hopefully these fine young students are learning.

2 comments:

P. Griffith "Griff" Lindell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am enjoying it sooo much! I am learning a lot! :o) Thank you so much Mrs. Walworth!