Saturday, January 14, 2006

Blender Pancakes

Amy asked for my pancake recipe.

We have become pancake snobs! My family loves these pancakes and we can't go back to Bisquick :) We make a double batch and usually eat all of them in one sitting. They store nicely in the fridge but I have not tried to freeze them. It would be wrong for me to let you think I am the pancake chef. It is my husband who whips up a mean pancake or two on Sunday mornings.

I'm going to share the recipe that was given to me and I will also explain a few changes we have made.

Blender Pancakes

Combine in the Bosch blender the following and mix on high speed for 2 full minutes.

1 C. whole grains (wheat)
1 C. milk

Add:

1 C. milk and blend 2 more minutes

Add:

2 eggs
1/3 C. canola oil
1 tsp. salt
1 T. honey

Blend well. Can store in the refrigerator over night.

Just before cooking, add:

1 T. baking powder, blend gently with moment speed until mixed.

Start Flipping!

Now, we are having a little trouble with our Bosch blender so we use our Nutrimill to mill the wheat first, then we put it in the blender and continue with the recipe. If you don't have a Bosch or Nutrimill just use your normal blender and buy the best whole wheat flour you can. Of course you can always use white flour.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Gracias, Janet! Tomorrow morning we're havin' flapjacks. I'll freeze some and let you know how it goes.