Sunday, July 27, 2008

Perseverance


















Photo taken at Yellowstone National Park, near the Mud Pots


Hebrews 12 1-3:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

One of my favorite verses.

May we finish strong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite verses when I need encouragement. Which is about every day. The picture is a perfect visual for the sentiment and Scripture.
Yellowstone is one of my favorite places.
My 16 yr. old just walked in and reminisced on our trip there. When he was a whopping 3 years old. He was also wondering when we last had a 'real' vacation. That is as close as he comes to whining.
I'm glad you're back! The pictures are great and I covet your view of the grizzly. We saw everything but when we were out there.

Anonymous said...

Oh- 1 more thing.
That picture in front of the back of the Tetons (?) would make a GREAT Christmas card. You all look fabulous (my new Project Runway word)