Wednesday, July 09, 2008

On The Road Again















Buffalo in Yellowstone National Park


We don't usually travel this much.......but here we go again.

Next destination: Jackson, Wyoming!!

We are going with my sister-in-law, her hubby and their three adorable children. Our families/children do very well together and we have wanted to do a road trip for years. They go to Jackson almost every summer (they have family there) and this time we're tagging along.

We are driving. Yeah baby. It will take 1 1/2 days. Our first night will be spent in Provo, Utah.

Please pray. :-O

**************************************

"We" had a little mishap with my digital camera. "Someone" left it "somewhere" and I don't believe we'll ever see it again.

So, based on Ree's recommendation and the fact that I did not win her contest, I went out and bought this:




















It's the big one. 10 mega pixels, 4X zoom and a nice big LCD screen.

I snapped a few shots late last night after the 100 minutes of battery charging. Already, I can see a difference in color and clarity. Hmmm, are we talking about diamonds here? I digress.

***********************

I am so excited to get on the road.

I feel like our children are growing so quickly and before we know it they'll be off to college and/or married. I decided that we'd better do some memory making and travelling before everyone is out of the house. The DC trip was a given, as we always go to the business conventions. This trip, however, was planned and schemed by my sister-in-law and me.

I don't think I'll write any posts while I'm gone but I will probably pop in and visit Quiet Life. It's the best place on the net.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Keep safe!
Keep an eye on your kids and your camera- and cheap gas prices!

We used to take cross country trips with my husband's sister & brother-in-law and their kids back when they homeschooled also.
What great memories.

Yup- they grow up mighty fast. I would still like to get in one huge family trip before mine all scatter.

With prayers for safety and only a teensy bit of jealousy- and I'll look for you when you get back!

Donna Boucher said...

Thank you sweet sister!

I am so excited for you for the trip....

AND the camera. Take lots of pictures, I'm dying to see the quality of your coolpix.
You are now a nikongirl too :o)

Be safe!!! have a blast!

Give that little Lauren anything she wants.
She is a trooper.

Jennifer Bowen said...

Ooohh, buffaloes...great photo! And nice camera, too. (I've never won any of Ree's contests either.)

I can't wait to read all about your adventures. Don't forget to posts more photos!

I hope you're all having a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Janet--you have to visit Old Faithful and wave at the WebCam and then call Donna (or me--now that I have Dissle) and we'll talk to you while you're on camera.

:)

Have a great trip!

Janet said...

Hello!! All is well. Having a blast. We went to Yellowstone yesterday and saw bears, antelope, bison, elk, moose and dear. I am in heaven here. It's like Minocqua on steroids and I LOVE IT!

Donna Boucher said...

Hi Janet,
So wonderful to hear from you...I swear I almost called you on vacation cause I miss you and was wondering how it was going?

How are your tootsies?

How is Lauren?

Are you giving her everything she wants?

You should be...she deserves it.

he he

Tammy said...

Enjoy your trip! We took a summer trip to Yellowstone, um, 13 years ago (can it be that long? yikes!) and thoroughly enjoyed it :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Donna Boucher said...

Let's guess what those big buffalo's are saying to one another, okay?

"Do you think the Packers should take Brett Favre back."
"You betcha!"

Janet said...

I think they are saying...."dude, did you see those idiots from arizona hanging out of their windows snapping photos of us and making really stange noises" :)

Donna Boucher said...

I know you're home......

Janet said...

I am. :) We are so busy right now. We bought a house to use as a rental and it has to be ready by August 1st. Ever since we got home we have been working over there and today was a full day of church and laundry and warehouse cleaning. Phew. I'm tired.

I can't wait to share the pictures of our trip. It was incredible and fun and everyone stayed healthy and our cars held up beautifully. God was so gracious to us. 12 people, 1900 miles...all good.

I *heart* Jackson, Wyoming.

Donna Boucher said...

Janet,
So happy you had a fantastic time and all went so well.

Rental property, huh?
You and Sue :o)