Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A Piper Post

















Finally Alive
, a new book by John Piper (pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis) is set to be released in January.

John Piper:
The term born again is very precious and very crucial in the Bible. So our main concern is to know what God intends when the Bible uses this language, so that by his grace we may experience it and help others do the same. It is of enormous consequence that we know what being born again really means.


The Desiring God ministry is offering the book for only $5.00 in a pre-order sale!

Call 1-888-346-4700 for your five dollar book. I was hesitant to ask if I could buy more than one (didn't want to be selfish, you know) but the young lady offered so I bought five! Oh, and I got the "library shipping" and it was FREE.

Desiring God ministries has a blog too with several contributors.

John Piper's son Abraham has a blog. It's called 22 Words. And yes, his posts are all 22 words short. I counted. Don't think for one minute that they are boring or worthless because they are short. He's very funny and clever.

Abraham's sweet wife, Molly, has a blog called The Pipers. She is a young mommy of 3 (2 here on earth and 1 in heaven). I just recently found her blog and commented (of course) and she emailed me back thanking me for the comment. Isn't that sweet?

One more thing.

The Gospel in 6 minutes.

Listen to it.

4 comments:

stephseef said...

Janet,
I'm a Piper fan, too - (when he's not dissing women in ministry. :) ). "Let the Nations be Glad" was vision-casting in my life. 'Missions exists because worship doesn't' - one of the best theses I've ever read.

I just today came across a facebook affinity group called something like 'Foxy Women who Love Reformed Theology' and it was full of Piper fans. Totally cracked me up!

Donna Boucher said...

This is a fabulous, link-filled post, Janet!!
I love it!!!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I just listened to 'The Gospel in 6 Minutes'. My heart is full.

Have you ever heard of Alistair Begg?
He broadcasts 'Truth for Life' and reminds me of John Piper with a Scottish accent. He is also battling prostate cancer with peace, trust and hope. I'm so thankful for these men and their commitment to reminding me that it is always always always all about God and His grace and love and power. I don't need to DO, just receive. So amazing.
Thanks again for sharing today, and I hope everyone is starting to get better by you. Come up to Wisconsin- it's so stinkin' cold it will kill all those nasty germs!

Robin in New Jersey said...

Thank you for letting us know about this Janet. I look forward to clicking on all the links!