Friday, December 12, 2008

I Was Forced To Do A Craft

















Oh, you know I kid!

A sweet mom from Lauren's kindergarten class is putting together a scrapbook for the teacher as a Christmas present. We were each given one piece of scrapbook paper and told to decorate it however we liked. Of course, it would have been nice to actually have Lauren write something to her teacher but I procrastinated and did it at the very last minute. I sat there this morning and thought; what would Lauren say to her teacher. Most Kindergartners I know would say "I love you" to their teacher so that's what I decided to write/stamp/peel (whatever). I think it turned out well enough but I didn't see any of the other pages and I am very glad about that. It will be a sad day when I do actually see the others. LOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~


















Donna told us to post a picture of the oldest ornament we could find on our tree. This dates back to 1984 when I was a freshman at the University of Arizona. Do you wonder why a young lady of 18 would receive an ornament of a football helmet as a gift? Ok, I'll tell you. I was an athletic trainer for the U of A's football team, assigned to the defensive linemen. You can stop laughing now. Here I was a naive, 18 year old girl from Wisconsin weighing all of 120 pounds spending all my spare time on the practice field and game day with giant 300 pound linemen. It really was fun and if it weren't for terrible home sickness I would have stayed with the intern program and gone on to great things in the athletic training field. Ha! I'm kidding. The guys were very good to me. They told me who NOT to date. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't know you did that. i thought about athletic training... i clearly didn't follow through with that. i still think it would be fun.

"The guys were very good to me. They told me who NOT to date. :)" ...love it

Donna Boucher said...

Cute! Both the project and the helmet!!!

Laura said...

What a great story! And you stayed in AZ - did you marry a football player?

Janet said...

No. I met my now husband there in the fall of my senior year. We lived in Dallas for 2 years and have been here ever since.

Anonymous said...

What a neat little glimpse into your past. I'll bet you were an adorable athletic trainer!
Homesickness can be such a blight on freshman year, can't it?
Have a lovely weekend, Janet and family. We'll be up to almost 50 degrees here in Wisconsin tomorrow and all my lovely snow will turn to gray slush.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Your scrapbook page turned out great! Don't you hate those projects that you keep putting off because you aren't sure how to do them? That happens to me ALL the time. :)