Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Shepherds' Conference

My dear hubby is enjoying rich fellowship and excellent teaching at the Shepherds' Conference in California.

The conference is a ministry of Grace Community Church.

Their mission is:
to provide the opportunity for men in church leadership to be challenged in their commitment to biblical ministry and to find encouragement as together we seek to become more effective servants of our Chief Shepherd.


Dave went with three great friends and they are having a wonderful time! They left at 3:30 AM so they wouldn't miss the first session.

Already Dave has run in to two men that we knew when we lived in Dallas. Not just any old "men". These are dear friends who we have lost track of over the years. We haven't seen Scott and Heather in probably 13 years. We saw Dan and Jane about 3 years ago when Dave and I made a trip to Long Beach. (that was the trip I got a migraine headache and all I could do was lie on the couch with my eyes closed and try not to throw up while the three of them visited). I digress. Dave hopes to have time to catch up with these great friends. Funny story...Scott and Dan were poor seminary students at Criswell College living in Dallas and doing a wonderful work in the inner city. Neither of them had a vehicle so Dave and I bought them a car. Before you think we were sooo incredibly generous I should tell you that is was a BEATER. A black, low riding, ugly beater. And the heat stayed on full time, full blast, in the summer. They would come over to our house for a visit and be beat red in the face and sweating profusely. :)

OK, back to the conference.

Here are a few links:

The not too shabby Keynote Speakers. All I can say is WOW.

The Live Stream!! How cool is that?

I told Dave that if he runs in to Phil Johnson he has to tell him that "Janet from Just Janet" says hello. I'm just sure he'll know exactly who I am. What? You're laughing.....

**********

PS. Sarah has Mono. This is unbelievable. She is not uncomfortable but she has many swollen lymph nodes and the blood test came back positive. I came home from the doctor's office and checked Lauren's lymph nodes and guess what?? They too are a little swollen but not nearly as bad as Sarah's.

1 comment:

Donna Boucher said...

Oh Janet,
How wonderful for Dave!!!
May this be a time for growth and joy for him.

Your poor children.
Matthew was totally weak when he had mono.

I can not remember what I had him take, but I think it helped. I will ask him if her remembers.

Give them lots to drink.

Love!
Donna