Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day














Curtsy to The Common Room: Happy Valentines' Day

Make yours here.

I am determined to get through this day without eating even one piece of candy. Our house is swarming with the stuff. Wish me luck.

Dinner tonight for all 6 of my sweeties:

Salmon
Garden Salad
Baked Asparagus
Dinner rolls and
A heart shaped chocolate cake

Have a blessed day.

UPDATE: I have permission from my husband to share with you what he wrote in my Valentine's card. I read it after he left for work and stood in amazement.

"I fell into a pile of you and got love all over me" Love Dave.

WHAT? What is that? Huh. Weirdo. lol

I googled it and found out that it is a (horrible) title of a country western song.

Well, that makes sense.

My dear husband heard it quoted earlier this week while he was in Dallas on business.

My sweet romantic husband.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great sentiment! Surely, something sparkly was attached!! Ahhh...Men! Steve did find a cute Snoopy card! Romance? What is THAT!?!

Happy Hearts Day to You!! As one of my girls wrote on her Valentine Bag..."the day of love" !!

Donna Boucher said...

Oh Dave!
Where is thy blog?

He's a charmer :o)


p.s. step back from that cake.
Cake is my favorite thing.
I would mourn to have it in the house.

"I fell into a big pile of cake
and got icing all over me."

Janet said...

"I fell into a big pile of Reese's and got peanut butter all over me"

Anonymous said...

that is classic Janet and Dave, I can't believe you called him a weirdo !!!

Janet said...

I thought to myself "what a weirdo" ;) He had already left for work.

Dana in Georgia said...

Oh, I think it is a sweet comment and would be tickled :)

Love your dinner menu. Salmon is one of my favorites (but not DH's).

Do you grill your salmon or bake it?

Blessings from GA,
Dana

Kim said...

lol Oh Janet! I don't know what I'd do if Hubby put those words in a card for me! lol What a "stinker"! heh ;D

Janet said...

Dana, I thought 'weirdo' in the nicest way possible. Really. Like a term of endearment. Giggling.

I broiled my salmon. EVOO and lemon pepper. Yum.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure the only thing broiled tonight was the salmon? Hehe

Stace

Unknown said...

My poor husband ended up bringing home pizza last night. Reading everyone's menu's is making me feel guilty but not too guilty because I really am sick :)

Amy said...

THAT is giving Dallas a bad name. Very romantic and all that, but did you have to bring us into it?

Janet said...

Hehe. Amy, I'm still mad that he didn't invite me to Dallas so we could visit and drink Starbucks. Oh, and I could've pat your pregnant belly! :)