Monday, February 12, 2007

Great Tunes

HT or (as Kim says) a curtsy to my daughter Hannah for letting us know about Corinne Bailey Rae. I love it that my kiddos are old enough to clue me in to great music (sometimes it's not so great). Corinne's web page is really cute. I like the butterflies.



This is part of her bio.:
"I started off singing in church, I suppose, but people think it must have been a gospel church because of the whole, you know, black assumption," she says in reference to her mixed-race background. "But it wasn't gospel at all, it was just your regular brethren church, very middle-class, where we would sing these harmonies every Sunday. It was always my favourite part of the service, the singing."


I'd classify her sound as Jazz/R&B/Soul.

I think I prefer her upbeat music.

I've downloaded these three songs to my iPod:


Like A Star

Trouble Sleeping

Put Your Records On


Here is the amazon link.

Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Love her!Love her! Love her!
I learned about her from the John Mayer blog. He is totally impressed with her and linked her singing and her website a few months ago!

She is a doll with talent and chrisma!

Janet said...

Lauren loves that John Mayer song on the radio. "It's my favorite" :)

Donna Boucher said...

Take some pics of your pets!

Did you do well yesterday?

I did :o)

Anonymous said...

I would think you would have a little more respect for Pebby since you brought her into this world. I had a college friend who raised Blue Point Siamese and said she definitely had some in her, especially those beautiful blue eyes!!!