Monday, January 14, 2008

Speaking of Cheesecake

Donna made her first cheesecake last weekend. It turned out well and was photographed beautifully, of course.

She's such a cheese head.













Anyway, I thought I'd share a cheesecake recipe that will knock your socks off and make you gain 10 pounds immediately. Just Kidding. Moderation ladies, moderation.

You can thank my friend Diana for this recipe. Hi Diana!

Fudge Truffle Cheesecake

1 1/2 C. vanilla wafer crumbs
1/2 C. powdered sugar
1/3 C. unsweetened cocoa
1/3 C. melted butter

Mix and press in to the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.

Beat:

3 (8oz) packages cream cheese
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 C. semi sweet chocolate chips (melted)
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

Pour into pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour 5 minutes or until set.

Let cool completely and refrigerate.


Does a typical cheesecake serve 8-10? Well, this baby will easily serve 16. I kid you not. It is so rich and heavenly you can really only have a thin slice.

While I agree this is a delicious cheesecake, I have to share with you my all time favorite......























This is White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. It is the best!!

My friend Kelli made me a homemade version a few years ago. Hi Kelli! It was scrumptious. Yoohoo, Kelli. Will you share the recipe so I can share it with my vast audience of internet readers? :)

Now go, and eat some cheesecake.

8 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Thank you Janet!

Is the chocolate real dark tasting?
Or is it like milk chocolate tasting?

I made a key lime cheesecake about ten years ago. It was tart but delish.

Janet said...

It is not dark tasting. If it was I would not like it.

Funny story. I made this cheesecake for some friends that were visiting from out of state and neither of them took a piece. I still don't know why. We had 16 pieces of very rich cheesecake to deal with.....I threw most of it in the garbage.

Anonymous said...

What? The garbage? How could that be when you have two dutiful friends that would help you out anytime with a dilemma like that?

Where is it? It might still be good...

Stace

Donna Boucher said...

LOL!!!!

Stace, you are hilarious!!!!

Janet said...

Dearest Stacey, it was 6 years ago. I'm sure it's bad by now. But good try.

Anonymous said...

maybe the guest were lactose intolerant
seriously, you could have frozen it and eaten it a piece at a time

After the Desert Company and having loads of cheesecakes in my freezer at all times I am a little over cheesecake...except for Key Lime that is my best!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet-
Yes, I'd be happy to pass the recipe along.....as soon as I can find it! :)
I haven't used it since I made it for you.
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet!
Thank you for posting my recipe.
Actually, I never even remember making this :0) I must be getting old. Diana