Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Grandma Great






















Picture taken in December 2006.

Dave's precious 90 year old grandmother has been in the hospital since Friday night. She had not been feeling well for about 2 weeks and then took a fall on Friday afternoon. Thankfully, she did not injure herself when she fell but it was determined that her bile duct was blocked with "sludge". She had a procedure on Sunday morning to take care of the bile duct but she is not recovering well from being ill, taking the fall and then the procedure and light anesthesia. She was moved to a rehabilitation center last night (less than a mile from my house) where she'll receive physical therapy to try to gain some strength back. She is very weak and is wheel chair bound at this point. Just two weeks ago she was able to move about her home and care for herself. It is very hard to watch a loved one's health decline so quickly.

Grandma is a faithful, devoted, follower of Christ. She is not afraid to leave this world but I'm not so sure we are ready for her to leave us.

She is the world's sweetest Grandma and nicest patient and she means the world to us.

Will you pray for Grandma? Her name is Dorothy.


















Here she is with all of her great grand children.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful lady. Your children are so blessed.
She will be in my prayers, along with those who will be holding her hand on this next part of her journey with
her Lord.

Donna Boucher said...

She is so beautiful.
I would be honored to pray for her.
I'm glad she is so close to you, Janet, and I will pray that she recovers quickly and well.

Denise said...

I will pray, Janet. I love my Nana, too, very much, so I can imagine your concern.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been commenting much these days with the start of school but I have been reading daily, and want you to know that I've been praying for Dave's Grandma. Your children are very lucky to have elders in their life. Love Sue

Dana in Georgia said...

Sending wishes for recovery to dear Dorothy (I love that name!) and prayers for improved health after these setbacks.

Blessings fm GA,
Dana

PS Special pic!