Saturday, January 06, 2007

A Blessing

Sing to the tune of "Edelweiss"

May the Lord, mighty God
Bless and keep you forever
Grant you peace, perfect peace
Courage in every endeavor

Lift up your hearts and see His face
And His grace forever
May the Lord, mighty God
Bless and keep you forever

***********

Have you ever sung this blessing? To the tune of "Edelweiss"? I hadn't but we had the opportunity to sing it at a birhtday party for a very dear 80 year old friend last night. It was beautiful.

5 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Did you cry?
I would have ;o)

Linda said...

What a beautiful blessing. Thank you for sharing it. I would love to memorize it. We just watched Sound of Music again this week and I can hear Captain Von Trapp singing Edelweiss right now in my mind.

Anonymous said...

I have heard/sung this, I don't know where (I'm thinking Rainbow Trails Lutheran Camp where I went on a reatreat while Jeff and his confirmation group climbed the mountain) It is lovely. sue

Anonymous said...

There are actually various titles attached to this type of job.

There are also those who deal with athletes who need a private physio
therapist to ascertain their health condition in a frequent interval.
The school or university should have what is called the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
Here is my web blog postpartum depression+test free

Anonymous said...

I sang this prayer for many weddings throughout the Bay Area beginning in the 80's until 2003, when I retired. Love it!