Friday, December 23, 2005

Come, Jesus

Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus
Charles Wesley


Come, Thou long expected Jesus
Born to set Thy people free;
From our fears and sins release us,
Let us find our rest in Thee.
Israel’s Strength and Consolation,
Hope of all the earth Thou art;
Dear Desire of every nation,
Joy of every longing heart.

Born Thy people to deliver,
Born a child and yet a King,
Born to reign in us forever,
Now Thy gracious kingdom bring.
By Thine own eternal Spirit
Rule in all our hearts alone;
By Thine all sufficient merit,
Raise us to Thy glorious throne.


Listen
here

Learn about Charles Wesley
here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that Link. We sing that song in church all the time during this season. AND the boys are playing a song tomorrow night that they are not very familiar with...Once in Royal David's City... so I looked it up on your link. YEAH Merry Christmas Janet. Did you get your gift? love sue

Janet said...

Hi Sue, I'm glad the link was helpful! I wish I could hear the boys play. Yes, we received your gift. Thanks you. I tried to blog about it but I couldn't get the picture link to work and next thing I know..Donna beat me to it. She's the pro anyway ;-). Love you, miss you. Merry Christmas.