Monday, September 25, 2006

Encouragement

From Donna and her sweet friend Lynn in WI.

Donna posted this today at her blog and I wanted you to read it. It's just too good not to share.


Here's the quote from a 1914 issue of Women's World:

Suppose you are a housewife. Your home is small. Your means are limited. Your "things to do with" are meager. Your children are trying. Your work is hard and monotonous....There you have a stream of events bearing you down. If you yield you become nervous, irritable, discontented, perhaps eventually careless and slovenly, a physical wreck and spiritual misery. And now, suppose you make up your mind not to yield. Suppose you say to yourself, "I will think beautiful thoughts. I will make my surroundings cheerful. I will be happy and strong and brave and make my husband and children even as I am." That you reply, is easier said than done. It is very hard. Wait!...it is not so hard as you imagine. Cease pitying yourself. Say, when you awake in the morning, "The world is beautiful. There are many great, noble, unconquerable souls. I am one of them....I shall make this house glow with peace and good will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am kind of a blog-in-law. I always love eavesdropping on the family conversations you and your sisters have over on Quiet Life.
I read your comment on Donna's site about being tired and worn today. Hope the day brought better things.
That's it- I just didn't want to be a lurker again! Hope our respective houses glow tomorrow!

Janet said...

I'm so glad you de-lurked, Anita.

Thank you for stopping by.

I should have a de-lurk day, doncha think?

Donna Boucher said...

Yes! Have a delurker day. Take my funny pictures...
Remember that old granny saying "Would it kill you to comment?"

How nice of Anita to come over and say 'hi'.

Katie thinks Anita looks like sister Sue...so she could fit into our family quite nicely :o)