Monday, October 16, 2006

I Love My Crock Pot

Now that the temperatures have dropped below 85 degrees it's time for some soups and stews :-0 I am very thankful for my crock pot and don't know what I'd do without it on busy days. Today I have a low carb vegetable beef soup cooking. I found this recipe in a cookbook that belongs to Janice. It is "Better Homes and Garden low-carb slow cooker recipes".

My other favorite slow cooker cookbook is this gem. I got it at Costco a few years ago.




One of our favorite recipes in this book is the chicken in a pot. It is basically homemade chicken soup, you can add rice or noodles or make it thick like a stew.

So, tonight it's veggie soup and later in the week I'm going to try beef and red bean chili. Doesn't that sound good, it calls for chipotle peppers!

Do you use your slow cooker? Do you have any yummy, low carb recipes for me?

7 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

I love my crockpot.

When it is hot out...I put it in the garage so it doesn't heat up the kitchen. But this time of year it's nice to have that little heater going on the counter :o)

Linda said...

I wouldn't be able to survive without my crockpot. I use it at least once a week, more often in the winter. I love soups, stews and chili.

I have a few crockpot recipes on my recipe blog: http://hayaserecipes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am a crockpotter, too. I think I cook more in the autumn and the crockpot is my tool of choice. I need to get out my FI&FA again, I haven't looked through it lately.

The boys took 40 straight across. They had already passing Arizona by the time I woke up Monday morning and found out they were already on the road. They did have one flat tire and slid off the road in the rain. So I am truly thankful they are home safe.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
For those of us who are not telepathic you may need to explain that last paragraph...

Donna,
I made "Donna's Chicken" in the crock pot and put the stuffing on top and it was burnt when I got home, did I miss something?

Janet,
What time is Dinner?

Anonymous said...

uh, oh, here I am being sassy on the blog and that may not be Cindy, my sis...if it isn't, excuse my bad manners...

Janet said...

No Janice, it is not our sister Cindy, it is a dear blog friend from Alabama. You goof.

Two of her boys were driving from San Diego to Alabama and I was hoping they would stop in Phoenix for a visit or free food or a cozy place to rest. They took I-40 instead, bummer.

Dana in Georgia said...

Stopping by and getting a goofy laugh from the posts and the comments. Love the mix-up on Cindys. Heehee.
Dana in GA